Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are reviewed on a regular basis and the latest version is available on this page of the Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter website.
Membership Subscription Period
To allow Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter to plan its resources and thereby offer a reliable service to members we require that all members maintain their membership for a minimum period of 12 months from joining/renewing (minimum membership period).
Your membership subscription starts on the date you join on your current plan. The subscription lasts for a period of 12 months (minimum membership period) and becomes due for renewal on the annual anniversary of the subscription start date.
At intervals just prior to your renewal date, you will receive communication from Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter requesting and providing renewal information for the forthcoming year.
Membership Subscription Fees
The current membership subscription fees are available to view here. Subscription fees are reviewed by the Board on an annual basis.
Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter prefers that you pay for your membership subscription by credit/debit card online and you are required to keep your credit/debit card details up to date on your profile in the members’ area of the Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter website. Failure to do so may incur a disruption to your subscription benefits.
Members who pay their fees by BACs may continue to do so, though these members are encouraged to renew online through their members’ area account with a credit/debit card.
Receipts of payments will automatically be sent to you. Please keep these safe as evidence for reclaiming tax purposes if applicable.
Cancellations and Refunds
- All cancellations should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter membership subscriptions are deemed to be annual commitments, and therefore refunds are not issued if a membership is cancelled part way through the agreed 12-month period.
- A refund of membership subscriptions will therefore usually only be made in circumstances where because of lead times e.g. in the case of Direct Debits, it has not been possible to prevent collection of a payment despite having been contacted by the member to cancel or amend their subscription prior to their renewal date.
- Whilst there is no entitlement, in the event of exceptional circumstances the Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter’s practice is to allow partial refunds based on the balance remaining, calculated on a pro rata termly rate to the end of the membership year.
- If an individual pays directly for a personal membership subscription of the Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter, the initial membership order is subject to a 14 day cooling off period in which they have the right to cancel their subscription and receive a refund. Please note that this is not applicable to invoices. This clause complies with UK law under the Consumer Protection Regulations that relate to distance selling. These regulations do not govern contracts between businesses. After that time refunds can only be made in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Board.
- Members wishing to cancel their subscription within the 14-day ‘cooling-off’ period should email email@example.com.
Non-Payment of Subscription Fees
Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter is a not-for-profit organisation and membership subscriptions form the income for the company. Unpaid subscription fees have a big impact on improving and providing services for members, therefore, Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter reserves the right to take necessary steps to recover unpaid subscription fees.
If you anticipate any problems with the payment of your subscription, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity to discuss.
Where the subscription fees remain unpaid following the renewal date for payment, your subscription will automatically cease and your subscription will be lapsed and archived.
Membership Subscription Renewal
Approximately 4 and 2 weeks prior to renewal date, you will receive communication from Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter with a reminder for the forthcoming year.
Service Level Agreement
Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter is committed to providing an exceptional level of service and support to its members and users. We endeavour to resolve all enquiries from members within a maximum of 72 hours, or to provide an estimated turnaround if we are unable to resolve a query within that time frame. We are however volunteer run, so there may be some instances where this is not possible, for example during bank holidays and during the Christmas break.
Comments and Complaints
Feedback from members is warmly welcomed – we are always keen to hear your thoughts and suggestions on how we can improve. Alternatively, if you have been unhappy with the service provided you can make a complaint. We take all complaints seriously and endeavour to respond within 72 hours of receipt. Please send all comments and complaints to email@example.com.
Changes to Membership Terms & Conditions
Women in Exhibitions – UK Chapter reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions when necessary. You will be consulted and notified if there are any significant amendments which alter the nature of the agreement. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.Terms and Conditions last updated: 22 April 2021